2007年11月15日木曜日

Homework#2

Question:1.
Death and Funerals:a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express consolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?

Answer:1a
I have some international friends and host familys so I don't want to think about it. But if one of them die, I send a E-mail or a letter as soon as possible. I am afraid that I cannot go to thier funeral so I try to tell dead's family to how much I feel regret .


Answer:2b
I have never been to a foreign funeral. I have just watched on TV and in movies. It is completely difference between a Japanese funeral and a foreign funeral.



Question2.
The language of Clothes (preparation for next weeks topic):a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important? b.What does “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?

Answer:2a
I think Japanese designer don't think about meaning deeply. Just foucs on "cool" or "design". Sometimes I find crazy label. For exsample, "LOWRYS FARM". This is the populer brand name for young girls. It means "ローリーさんの農場". If I am English speaker, I may laugh.

I express myself by wearing. So it is important. It is one of the way to let it be known who I am.


Answer:2b
I think it means that people should judge character, not appearance.

0 件のコメント: